The i-H2GO is the most technologically advanced toy car on the market. The hydrogen refueling station generates hydrogen through water electrolysis, refuels the car and charges the super capacitor. Transparent casing and LED lights are designed to highlight all these electrochemical processes— the same processes as in real-scale hybrid vehicles. A PEM fuel cell converts hydrogen to electrical energy and the super capacitor engages when the car accelerates. Your smartphone or tablet replaces the traditional RC control unit, with the option of gyro-steering to steer the car simply by tilting your device.
- Real-working miniaturized PEM fuel cell
- Hydrogen refueling station, no batteries required
- Solar powered hydrogen generation
- Smartphone controlled car ( up to iOS 8.0, SAMSUNG Galaxy 3, S4, Note II and Note lll)
- “Gyro mode” that lets you use your device like a steering wheel
- Cruise control lock for a simpler driving experience
Includes Experiment Outlines for:
- Learn about water electrolysis
- Experience the principles of hydrogen to electricity conversion
- Compare the science to the real-scale vehicles and fueling solutions appearing across the world
All Horizon STEM materials are aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and Energy Literacy Framework. Subject areas include Physics, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences for middle and high school grades. Go to Horizon Curriculum to find out more.
Specifications: datasheet (PDF)
Product Code: FCJJ-25