Junior Inventors Program
Discover the world of entrepreneurship and invention. This program will introduce students to the creativity and the business process of taking an invention from concept to market. There is even an opportunity to learn about how to patent your invention. Real-world business executives will guide students on their journey from a great idea to market sales.
The topics covered during this program include:
- Research and observation
- Brainstorming and the inventive process
- Creativity and collaboration
- Critical thinking and leadership
- Creating a business plan & financing
- Design and testing
- Prototyping, fabrication and manufacturing
- Marketing, sales, & the competition
- Much more...
Students will gain skills in:
- Developing higher-level thinking
- Using creativity and critical thinking
- Solving actual problems
- Using online and other research skills
- Learning to document the inventive-thinking process
- Experiencing success and increased self-esteem
- Producing an original invention and receiving recognition for participating in the invention process
- Acquiring public speaking and writing skills.
4:00 - 5:30 pm Wednesdays Fee: $240/month + GST
6:00 - 8:00 pm Wednesdays Fee: $240/month + GST