NAO Evolution - V5 Robot
Advantages to using NAO
- Hands-on experience by connecting theory with practice to discover a wide range of fields linked to robotics such as computer science, mechanics, electronics or control.
- Inspiring a high level of motivation & interest for engineer careers. For example: studying control to grasp objects or computing matrix or face detection to get NAO moving become exciting projects
- Fostering team work, project management, problem solving and communication skills.
- Projects or labs based approach for teaching Robotics and Computer Science
- Improvement of achievement & learning effectiveness
- Increasing of female student enrollment and student engagement
For Teaching and Research
Computer sciences, mechanics, electronics, and control are already at the core of the NAO platform. Our curriculum used in conjunction with NAO allows students to develop a structured approach to finding solutions and adapting a wide range of cross-sectional educational content.
About the NAO Robot Family
Beginners can use Choregraphe, a user-friendly behaviour editor. An easy drag-and-drop method allows users to simply pick-up boxes of pre-programmed behaviours and to create complete sequences of behaviors. They can also program their own behavior in Python language, and then save it into the library. NAOSim 3D simulator is interfaced with Choregraphe to let users test NAO’s behavior in a virtual environment. Users can modify the environment, insert and edit objects and simulate NAO's behaviours before sending command to the real robot.
Advanced users can program NAO in C++ and .Net languages and directly access to NAOqi (NAO framework) APIs. The APIs give the user low level access to NAO’s sensors and actuators. Users can also program NAO with other software including: Webots, Matlab and Microsoft Robotics Studio.