Summer Camp 2018
Discover your creativity. Our summer camp in Graphic Design helps youth understand the process of visual communication and problem-solving through the use of typography, photography and illustration. Our new graphic designers will create and combine symbols, images and text to form visual representations of ideas and messages. During this camp, students will learn about:
- Pixels vs Vectors (what are the differences and how to use Photoshop and Illustrator software);
- Design Composition (an understanding of visual relationships and how to use them to communicate a direct and coherent message);
- Typography (an understanding the effective use of type and basic typographic visual relationships);
- Communication tools (how to create visual impact and clarity while solving communications problems);
- Branding and Identity (how to design a visual identity program in various formats).
Students will design their own graphic projects with the aid of an industry professional.
Ages 10-15: Four day camp from Jul 3 – 6
Fee: $275 + GST (each camp participant will receive a new Roots 2 STEM t-shirt)
Please note: to hold your spot you must both buy the course, and fill in the registration form here.
Doors open 8:30 am
Classes run 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Doors close 4:00 pm*
Late fees will be applied after 4 pm